This morning I went back and re read my past submissions , proof reading is certainly a wonderful tool and it would be in my best interest to use it . Just so you know I do how to use the written and spoken english language , to a certain extent at least .
I spend more time than I should on the social site facebook and there are people that are friends of mine on the site that are asking me to write . (forgive them father for no not what they ask) .
As a result of being on fb (facebook) I am able to see links to news and opinion articles . One that came to my attention last week and I still think of was the Wyoming legislature passing a bill that allowed citizens to carry a concealed firearm without a permit . Being a Canadian I have always struggled with the American "right to bear arms" slogan or constitutional right . My mind immediately goes back to Tuscon , Arizona recalling the shooting spree in Jan. 2011 . Arizona has such a law that allows concealed firearms . I know , it would not prevent all shootings and I know it's people that kill , however I feel that such laws allow for the thinking to change "I can so I will" to god forbid , "I have it so I will use it" . A person prepared to fire a weapon is no match for some one armed but not prepared . Even though we share a continent and the world sees the two nations as one culture , this is but one of the glaring differences in our cultures . There are countless others , but out of respect for my neighbors and friends in America I will not mention them at this time .

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home