Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clean up in aisle Wisconsin

The fiasco in the state of Wisconsin has been going on now for over a week with no settlement in sight . Battle lines are drawn and neither side now is willing to come out of their trenches . In an effort to maintain fairness it has been publicly stated that the unions were willing to take some cuts and deal on the others it is the government that has crossed their proverbial arms and stuck the heels in to the dirt . The democrat side of the house is doing what they can with their minority position to protect the working side .
But let's not forget there is a deficit and the sooner it gets dealt with the easier it is for future generations . The one thing I have never understood in the american political arena is the fierce resistance to increase taxes and trim the government . There are only 2 ways out , raise money or cut expenses , some times both . It is imperative that the public be aware of the dire situation and be part of the process . Slashing expenses on the stage while the stagehand shovels money back in to the bucket only fuels the anger in the taxpayer .
Many know I live in Canada and there was a time in this country where we faced a similar financial wreck . Our governments raised the tax rates and cut services and in 8 years we were head above water . Now , I want to point out that the services cut were across the board , No single sector was targeted and I think that is the hot coal in the sock of Wisconsin . One sector is being asked to bear the brunt of changes .
I have tried to stay away from taking sides in this blog submission . My greatest fear is that at the state level and/or at the national level these realizations will not be seen and it will slide ever more into the pit of debt . What happens there I will not address at this time . Suffice it to say there will be much gnashing of teeth .
Good luck to you , Cheeseheads and Buckeyes . I will be watching with interest and cheering for common sense and good will to prevail .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home