Thursday, March 24, 2011

Is it just me , or is the world making less and less sense with each passing day ? So many events nationally and globally that I have to wonder , what are they thinking . Then as if to add insult to injury they have educated answers that are orated by spin doctors . The cynical side of me says this is all part of the plan . Bring the world to its knees so the mega corps can control even more . Or could it be the education and success makes them believe that they are all mighty . Whatever the case , one observation that is obvious is that common sense has all but become extinct . There is always the self serving interests that takes precedence . Short term gain with nary a thought towards the ramifications for the future . How did we get to here ? When did it begin to change ? I do not know precisely what the future holds , what I do know is if we continue down this path we will self destruct faster than any civilization before us .
My father lived by a belief that if you spent your spent your time helping others, when you can , then loving yourself came with it . Nowadays we have experts telling us to love yourself first look after your own cause no one else will . I followed that line for a lot of years , what I got from it was misery and a lot of people taking advantage of me because I did not fully believe that creed . The lessons that my father taught me either through osmosis or verbally stayed in the back of mind . Here I am well into middle age having discovered it , "finally" . Will I help the greedy when they falter and lose everything ? If I can yes , my actions need to speak louder than my words (written or spoken) . I truly hope that when I find work that this thinking follows me . Perhaps writing these thoughts in a blog will help to reinforce my values . I will never become wealthy nor will I ever become a person of stature in society . I leave that to other members of my extended family , as that is their desire . I will spend the remaining days doing as my father spent all his years hoping I would do . At least I will make a far greater effort from now on .
If my dad and my maternal step grandfather and my step mother could read this they would all smile , nod and maybe even choke back a tear . Who knows maybe they are as I write .
Miss you all and thanks for everything .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home