Saturday, April 23, 2011

It is easter weekend . In the christian religion this the most important event . Some people get upset because it is another christian based holiday that has turned in to a secular celebration . I have no problem with that , those who do not believe have something in it . For the believers it is a time of deep contemplation possibly some guilt and/or remorse . I am a believer so the the last sentence is a personal one . So many times I find I am doing things wrong in accordance to the teachings . Each day I start over try harder .
I am back in to agriculture or agribusiness . It is work I enjoy and understand for the most part . It will be interesting to see what happens while I am with this company. They are bigger than what I have worked for in the past , so theoretically there should be more opportunity for advancement . I do wonder to myself why , at my age am I concerned about advancement . That is one of the unknown things of what makes me ,me . Of course my cynical side has a role in this as always . The slow start to spring may force farmers to seed far fewer lentils than they normally would . The next 14 days will be the make or break period .
I waited a long time for a position that I thought would suit me . Most people find this line of work anything but interesting . Lentils going through machines to remove undesirable seeds . I find it so challenging the sample keeps changing and I have to keep watch and stay within certain percentages of dockage . It just baffles me how much food the world consumes . Never got my head around that concept . I am proud to do the best I can with what I have to work with so that customers have food to eat . I always hope that the global consumer realizes that each step along the way everyone is doing the best they can . Sometimes the odds do not work in our favor and the end product is less than perfect .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home